Reports To: President/CEO
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for achieving PMA sales and profitability goals as they relate to Aircraft Component Design
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in setting PMA sales goals based on existing PMA product offering, PMA WIP and market intelligence from the field.
- Is accountable for reaching PMA sales and profitability goals set by the organization.
- Calls on existing and/or prospective accounts to identify PMA sales opportunities available from product offering.
- Calls on existing and/or prospective accounts to identify new products for development.
- Negotiate and execute PMA contracts and proactive sales efforts for the product line.
- Work in conjunction with ACDI management to identify missed opportunities available in the region based upon PMA product offering available and customer repair capabilities.
- Coordinate PMA proposals, technical presentations and customer contracts.
- Works with Engineering on learning new product lines, applications and possible business prospects.
- Reporting performance, opportunities and risk to the President and V.P. of Engineering.
- Sharing market specific information with cross functional managers (engineering, quality, etc.).
- Provide feedback to President and V.P. of Engineering on barriers to success.
- Provides monthly updates on sales to plan and activity taking place to achieve goals set: 1- Proactive sales actions to reach goals, 2- Key Customer short falls to plan, reasons for short fall and actions taking place to recover.Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical manuals and procedures, and government/FAA regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Multilingual capabilities are important for some regions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Fluent with MS Office software and other general computer applications.
- Previous Sales experience.
- Has solid understanding of the aviation industry.
- Has proven negotiation skills.
- Able to make presentations to large groups at the highest level organizational as well as one on one.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering
- MBA degree preferred
- Six years aerospace industry experience or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education